Friday, April 6, 2018

Mixed Media Mobiles


Because the age range for this class was 5 - 12 years old, I prepped the framework for the mobile before the class. I used two chopsticks for each, and wove a small God's Eye at the centre (instruction for God's Eye here). 



To make 'hooks' for the mobile to be hung from, I used some craft wire. Firstly I placed a chopstick (about 1 inch from the end) in the centre of a 10cm piece of wire, wound it tightly a couple of times in one direction. Then I wound it a couple of times in the other direction.


Next, I twisted the wires together as tightly as I could a few times.



I used the remaining wire to fashion into small circles, and repeated this on each chopstick end. To neaten the wire up and stop the loops from being sharp, I wrapped each in electrician's tape. This also made the loops more sturdy. 


 On each table, I put out a selection of wool/twines/leather, bells, feathers, wire, buttons and recycled bits and pieces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment